The hobby of Fishkeeping is great if you are a fish enthusiast, and you love to adopt some cute swimmer buddies in your pet aquatic world. Now, carrying the hobby is not only enough, but you also need to find out the best places to put a fish tank in your home. Definitely, neither you cannot put an aquarium in a small table nor you can keep a tank near window. Then what is the exact place! Our expert fishkeepers are there to help you in finding an accurate place for those aquarists who are engaged in beginner fishkeeping.
Factors Before Setting an Aquarium in Your House
There are a few things that you need to remember while setting a fish tank such as, the size of the fish, the tank size, the space in your home. Definitely, for a small apartment, you cannot buy a large tank full of huge aquarium fish breeds. So, follow these two factors before you set a fish tank:
- First decide, which fish breeds you want to buy for your aquarium. It is quite obvious that you will never keep a 1.5” fish in a 20-gallon tank. So, after choosing a fish, purchase aquarium.
- Know the size of your house before buying a fish tank. For a small apartment, nano tanks are good where you can keep small fish breeds like Neon Tetra, Guppy Fish, Small Betta fish, etc. However, if you have a big house, then you will get enough space to keep a big aquarium with large Gouramis, Oscar Fish, Sharks, etc.
Smart Ideas to Keep a Fish Tank in Your Home
If you are a novice fishkeeper, then some ideas may help you choose an appropriate place for keeping your lovable pet fish in an aquarium. Take a short look at the smart ideas:
1. Find a Front-View Place in Your House to Place the Aquarium
You should try to place the tank in a place where you and your guests can watch the school of fish swimming in the tank. Avoid the places or corners in your house where you rarely go. Place the aquarium under your supervision but away from traffic.
If you keep the tank in the hall room, then you and your guests can easily watch the striking colors and activities of the fish. Moreover, as per Feng Shui, keeping some fish in the hall room in front of the door may bring wealth and prosperity to your home.
2. Keep Your Fish Tank Away from the Reach of Your Children
Whether you are keeping the aquarium in a hall room or in a living room, keep it away from the reach of your toddlers because kids often play in the room, and accidentally they can break slip up the aquarium. Sometimes, they disturb the fish also. So, it is better to keep the aquarium in a distant height, so that small children cannot even touch the fish tank.
3. Place the Aquarium in an Open Space but Not Near the Window
Keeping an aquarium near the window can encourage the growth of algae because of the high sunlight. Moreover, animals like cats and birds from outside can harm the fish.
4. Don’t Keep the Tank Near Heaters or in a Kitchen
Fish and other aquatic species cannot bear heat resistance. Therefore, keeping a tank in a kitchen or near heater can cause an accidental death of your pet friend.
5. Keep the Aquarium in Your Study Room or in Your Bedroom
Health practitioners suggest keeping a fish tank in your study room so that you can watch the blue color of the water and the activities of the fish between your work breaks to refresh your mood.
Some people are suggested to keep an aquarium in their bedroom because they cannot sleep properly and watching the water or fish movement can provide a soothing effect to their eyes so that they can sleep in a relaxing way.
We hope the aforesaid factors and ideas are enough to help you in fishkeeping. No need to call an interior decorator for setting a fish tank in your home because these expert tips are enough to solve your queries and enjoy the benefits of keeping an aquarium.